Might your need to be more successful at managing difficult conversations at work be met by this London UK based management training course called Skills with People?
Yes, if any of the following are true for you
- You seem to get into lots of conflicts, disagreements and difficult conversations at work.
- Your confidence at managing difficult conversations at work gets in the way of you being successful.
- You want to develop your skills at dealing with difficult conversations at work so that others to treat you with more respect, understanding and cooperation.But, it’s difficult because you don't know how to respond when other people “throw their toys out of the pram”. You certainly don’t want to handle the difficult conversations clumsily if it ends up making matters worse. You want to avoid insulting other people, or hurting their feelings in case it damages your relationships.
- Sometimes disagreements about how to achieve your goals can lead to difficult conversations at work, even though that's not what you want.If you are under pressure to deliver results at work, but when other people dig in their heels and resist you because they don’t agree with everything you’re saying it’s hard managing difficult conversations without them turning aggressive. You may feel worried that if you don't push hard enough you may jeopardise your reputation for being able to get your job done, but if you push the other person too hard you might damage your relationship, causing a rift that may be difficult to repair.
- You’re in a position to help deal with difficult conversations at work between other people, but you’re not confident you know a professional way to calm them down so that can become more reasonable once they’ve become upset, angry or defensive.
Video - An introduction to our emotional intelligence course (6:32 minutes)