Might your need to be more effective at giving feedback be met by this London UK based management training course called Skills with People?
Yes if you agree with any of the the following
- Sometimes it’s your job to correct people. But you don’t like doing it because it seems impolite – as if you’re not treating them with respect.
- If there was a way to correct them firmly but politely you’d find it very useful.
- You don't like having to appraise people's performance and are always glad when appraisals are over. Far from improving your relationships appraisal sessions seem to put them under strain. You accept it’s got to be done but don’t feel you have the skills to do it well.
- Sometimes you have to be tough with people, but you're not confident you can do it without causing offence. You'd love to be able to be tough on the issue yet soft on the person.
- You wish you knew of a tactful way to give criticism.
- You realise your criticism has failed when it puts people on the defensive.
- You rarely give much praise, but you wonder if you need to praise more in order to be more encouraging.
Video - An introduction to our feedback training course (3 minutes)
More information on this website relevant to giving feedback and criticism?
You might also find our page on assertiveness relevant and helpful.