Might your need to be more demanding or forceful be met through London based management training course called Skills with People?
Yes if any of the following are true for you
- I feel uncomfortable making demands on people because it feels as though I'm antagonising them, and I'm worried they'll react negatively to my demands.
- So I try to soften the demand in order to make it more acceptable. But the trouble is this makes it easy for people to ignore what I want.
- Sometimes it feels as though I'm actually pleading with them instead of demanding.
- It's part of my job to set high standards and make sure people meet them, but I find this a challenge.
- It would be great if I could learn how to be totally firm with people without antagonising them.